Sunday, April 19, 2009

EASTER, BRIDAL SHOWER & NASHVILLE by rc

Easter was a fun day this year with all the babies to be held!!! Uncle Ben said he had never held Colby so that is my first picture. He couldn't believe how light she was!!!

Great-Aunt Gail (GAG) holding Amelia (Christy's mom/Devin's mother-in-law, Debbie, is in the background holding a sleeping Sophia.) Amelia was not in a particularly good mood because of teething, but we did feel two bottom teeth that had come through!!




Colby asleep on Grandpa Cooper's lap before they left for home.




This was at Rachel's bridal shower in Mahomet (at the "moosedom" at Fran's -- her house is full of "mooses" and one room is the "blue bird room")!!!!! (Okay, Karen told me there is no such word as "mooses" but I think there should be!) Great-Aunt Stacy (GAS) holding Colby and Grandma Gail (aka GAG) holding Henry.

The many faces (mostly smiling) of Colby!!!







Mark and I went to Nashville right before Easter and went on a bus tour of the country music singers' homes.
This is Tim McGraw and Faith Hill's home.




Ronnie Dunn's home





Alan Jackson's home



The lane to Amy Grant's former home.






A fuzzy picture of Amy Grant's former home. I'm sure this is where she and Gary Chapman raised their Red Poll cattle!!!




Kix Brooks' home




Trace Adkins' truck



Trace Adkins' home



The rest of Trace Adkins' home!



Dolly Parton's home




Martina McBride's home





Martina McBride's home

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures, Mom!! Thanks so much for posting some from Easter! I'm so sad I wasn't there to enjoy all of the babies!!
Fun pictures of Nashville! I never knew there was a tour of the singer's homes! How much fun is that!!
I think Scott and I should go there!
Thanks again!
Kim

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you posted! I am really surprised that the houses in Nashville are so much alike! If I were famous I think I would build my own! Loved the pictures of Colby smiling, also!
Love - Kori

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous that I was not at Easter, Rachel's shower, and NASHVILLE!!!
That's one thing I love about most country singers..they are so down to earth..really, none of those houses are outrageous like actors, actresses, pop stars houses are..they are simple and cute!

And awesome pictures of all the little chilluns...I miss everybody so much!
Love ya and thanks for posting pictures Mom!
Kendall

kelly said...

I remember walking past Amy Grant's cattle in the show barn at the Illinois State fair! I saw and interview with her once where she said that a lot of her early videos were shot at that farm and watching them was like watching old home videos!

Loved the picture of Colby's wide smile! I want a copy!

Gretchen said...

Great pictures!! I am glad that someone keeps us all up to date on the James Gang (and the rest of the fam) Thanks rc!! :)

Brittany said...

I was so excited to see new photos here! :) The Easter pix are great. I didn't realize you guys went on a tour of the singers' homes in Nashville - that would be so cool!