Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Ella's Hat

On Sunday, as Chris was getting Ella ready for church (those days are over starting this week as Chris takes over Sunday School Superintendant on Sunday) I could hear him arguing with her over her shoes. I had set out white sandals for her to wear and she wanted to wear her brown leather sandals. I told Chris not to worry about it and let her wear the brown sandals. You can see how I've trained Chris, he knows that if it is set out, it is what they need to wear, no other options! Anyway, as we go to leave for church Ella goes to the coat closet and pulls out the red fleece hat with leopard print and puts it on and heads out the door. We get out of the van and Chris tried to convince Ella that she does not need her hat - but - she is determined! So, I walk into church with her and her hat. As I sit down in front of Diana Emme, I can hear her laughing. I turned around and said to her "You know how it is - the fight in me is gone!" She nodded and laughed some more! Needless to say, Ella caught everyone's attention as they walked into church. Chris thinks because I gave up the fight that there shouldn't be any more James babies, but I just said that I've learned to pick and chose my battles wisely!

God's blessings to you!

Karen

7 comments:

Heidi said...

I busted out laughing on that story, I can COMPLETELY see Miss Ella doing that...she'll be your wild child. I keep telling Chris he needs another child!

Anonymous said...

haha...oh my Ella has such a personality!! I can not wait to see them all again!! Only a few more days!! YAY!!! Love ya!!

Kendall

Grandma Budke said...

There's one in every family, Karen,
and Ella is yours. The best part is
she's only two and a half +!!! She
truly has PERSONALITY and what a
CHARACTER!!!

Anderson said...

Okay, I think that all the James girls have probably attempted this exact same thing, and probably with the exact same hat too! However, Ella definitely has her way with Karen, doesn't she?! I only wish I could have been there to giggle along side Diana!!
Karen, I agree! She definitely needs a younger sibling! Maybe a little boy...just...like...Jacob!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Heidi! I need all the help I can get in convincing him that we need to have another!

Anonymous said...

I really wish you had gotten a picture of that!! She always has been your most determined.

Hi Girls!!

Love you,
Aunt Gail

Anonymous said...

That little hat was some of the best money I've ever spent. I still crack up at it! I wish now that I would have spent the money to buy the matching coat!! Maybe she would have worn that too!