Monday, July 13, 2009

Go Cubs, Go!

Heidi and Eric outside the stadium waiting to get in.



Fukodome, Chris' favorite player (I think it's just b/c of his name)


Cardinals warming up before the game.




I got my chance to finally attend my first Major League baseball game. Chris, in the past couple of years, has become a Cubs fan (thanks to all the AM radio he listens to) and Heidi and Eric had four free tickets for the 12:00 game on Sunday against the Cards. We had awsome seats, about 20 rows up behind home plate - we couldn't believe it! Heidi kept waiting for someone to come and tell us we were in their seats. The weather was perfect as well. It would get hot and then a breeze would come along and cool us off and by 2:00, we were in the shade. I took full advantage of this being my first game and ate nachos and bought a souvenir for the girls and myself. I might have to actually purchase a t-shirt (I'm too cheap to buy one at the stadium) now that I've been to a game. Here are few pics of us and some of the players at the game.

Officially a Cub fan,

Karen


PS: Sorry, Burk's family!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys had so much fun at the game!! When I got back to my apartment I tried to watch the game and look for you but I fell asleep..sorry!! Good thing I didn't waste my time though cause I thought you were by the third baseline!!

Love
Kendall

Anonymous said...

What a fun day! Heidi must be Chris's sister. I don't really remember her. If you would have stayed for the 7:00 game, you would have switched to a Cardinal fan. Great pics of the cousins! They are all so photogenic.
Connie

Grandma Cooper said...

I have to say, after watching your girls while you were at the game, that Grandpa and I decided that Anna was going to be one of those obnoxious Cubs fans that you can't stand to be around!!! We watched the game and tried to find you guys, and she tends to get loud and nasty in a seven-year-old way!!! Poor thing, she doesn't know what the future holds, being a Cubs fan!! he-he!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe this was your first baseball game! We went a couple of times in HS! I'm glad you had fun! It is really neat to be at a big field and be a part of all of the traditions!
I'll never forget Anna saying, "This is the worst day of my life!" when the Cubs lost or somebody struck out the other day! Too funny!
Oh, and we DVRd the game and keep trying to find you but no luck yet!

Love ya,
Kim

Anonymous said...

Since Brittany and Christy are both out of town I will reply. I can't believe you have gone to the dark side. We must have an intervention soon.
Aunt Stacy

Brittany said...

Boooo.

All I have to say is that you have made a very unwise decision without being educated on your other options. I thought you were the smart cousin! I'm very disappointed.